12/22/2012

How to Pick Your Baby's Name


Many parents struggle with giving a baby a name.

My daughter's name is Anastasia Valeria and so as parents we say we chose the child's name, which could be true, but there is a cosmic belief that the doing is merely an act to complete the task. There is a story in the Vasistha Yoga that a crow alights on a palm tree, and that very moment the ripe coconut falls on the ground. The two events are apparently related, yet the crow never intended the coconut to fall; nor did the coconut fall because the crow sat on the tree. The intellect mistakes the two events as causally related, though in reality they are not.

My fiance likes to remind me, "What came first the crow or the coconut?".

The exert provides understanding of Kakathaliya aka "coincidence". But does Coincidence really exist or is it just a word to describe what's done, what the Universe has puzzle pieced life and your acts put it together and then turning it backwards makes things "spiritual". To name things a "coincidence" gives you back the control versus giving it to the hands of which some of you may call "God".

Now going back to choosing Anastasia's name, we thought that my daughter was actually going to be a son. Therefore, we had chosen a males name while I was just 7 weeks pregnant. Even though my fiance was 99.9% sure that it was a boy, I felt that our little boy was a girl. We were browsing on Netflix one night looking to watch a movie. He saw a movie that sounded like Anastasia and he says, "I like the name Anastasia". I liked that name too, so I put it in my back pocket.

After a sonogram at 17 weeks we find out that she's a girl and so the name searching was on for me. I had a handful of names in my mind that I always liked and would give my daughter. Let's see, my top names were; Siena, Felicia, Giada, and Astra. Anastasia wasn't even on the radar. I never knew a Anastasia, nor did I ever really hear that name before. My fiance did not like any of the names that I liked, so I went through about 100 names that I liked and even that I kind-of liked, but nothing bit for him. Finally, I pulled out the name Anastasia and reminded him that he liked it. He was on the fence even with the name he liked! In that same moment that he told me he wasn't sure about the name, he took a bathroom break. On the way back we have a hallway full of books and for some reason the book, "Anastasia- the ringing cedars" stood out to him. He then remembered why he liked the name. That night we find out her name comes from the word "Anasta" meaning "purity" in sanskrit. Her Father really liked the meaning of her name and so the baby in my belly had a name.

Anastasia three months old meets a Buddhist Lama and he psychicly gives her the name "Ajanta Devi". The name sounding auspiciously similar to Anasta, but we gave it no weight. We are getting closer to where we can pull out "the crow and the coconut". Recently we find out that "Ananta" meaning "endless, infinite" because the ananta is the bed of snakes that Vishnu lies on, coming from the city of Ananta, the Capital City of Kerala, India, known as abode of Great serpent Ananta and Naka clan aka Snake-being clan.

We, her parents, have many connections to the snake spiritually through the era of ancient Egypt. My fiance and I often use two snakes coiled together symbolizing us and our experiences with[as] snakes has been one of the links to the chain of events that binds us as "twin souls" and spiritually.

Hence, this leads us to believe that her name was already chosen for her, our daughter's name Anastasia.

Therefore, I say to soon-to-be parents, let the name come through the matrix, as your baby's soul already has a name. Pay attention to the "hints" of names coming through from a book, movie, a friend, family member. It usually hits you on the head like 'BONK!



2 comments:

  1. Meaning & History
    Feminine form of ANASTASIUS. This was the name of a 4th-century Dalmatian saint who was martyred during the persecutions of the Roman emperor Diocletian. Due to her, the name has been common in Eastern Orthodox Christianity (in various spellings). As an English name it has been in use since the Middle Ages.

    Meaning & History
    Feminine form of VALERIUS. This was the name of a 2nd-century Roman saint and martyr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes in later times, the name Anastasia came from Greece, but also Roman Catholic Saint had it and Valeria comes from the Emperor Valerius :)

    ReplyDelete