3/26/2013

Why I don't want to quit my dreams now that I'm a Mom


Here is a photo of me with three other ladies for the "Royal Ladies Shoot". I was 7 months pregnant and felt really glamorous as most pregnant women feel everything but the opposite. The Universe was talking to me and I wasn't listening.I remember when I found out I was pregnant, the thought of it made my heart smile. I was elated with joy. Then I felt like I had to make changes in my life and make room for my new precious gift.I've always been an ambitious woman with many goals and milestones for myself. In 2008 I had a plans to start my own company, get my own show, find the love of my life and then down the line start a family. Well, that all happened in that order. I started my own company in 2009 and ValSecrets.com had become New York City's hottest new brand.  By the end of 09' I had signed a contract with the BBC to star in a show called Bama Belles that later aired on TLC by end of 2010. While the second episode of Bama Belles aires I have profound spiritual awakening and through that period I meet my my future fiance.  And so you're thinking, "that was easy"? It wasn't easy. I worked very hard to reach those goals, very hard. But at the same time, some might say it came easy. Yes, on the scale of the big picture, it did come easy . Other's might question, well did you do it or was it your destiny? Kind of like,  what came first the chicken or the egg?  In my view, things come easy when they are "meant to be". What do I mean by "meant to be" that the Universe has recognized your perfect work and aligns the circumstances for you to take the opportunity that you wished for, then be challenged and finally succeed. Otherwise, the Universe takes the offer away if it doesn't see you meeting it's invitation and following through.  The Universe is very generous and gives you all that you wish for, but you are tested to see if you can take on the preliminary challenges first. Today my website ValSecrets.com is minute version of what it was 3 years ago. The reason is because I haven't been clear as to how I wanted to live my life ever since I've had my spiritual awakening but most importantly have become a Mother. Due to my spiritual awakening, I have become very conscious as to what I do in my life as I know everything I do does effect my daughter's life today and tomorrow. It has been a huge discourse in my head as to what I need to do for myself, but most importantly for my family.  While I was pregnant I was asked to be interviewed and shoot for a feature in a NY Magazine and they asked about my plans for my future career. I had no idea if I was going to continue the "Mogulista" lifestyle or be a stay home Mommy.Seven months after my daughter's birth I face myself again and I know it's the Universe talking to me. I am so lucky that I have a gorgeous, healthy, bright baby girl (that I called out for many years) and I feel so extremely grateful. My priority is my baby and I would do anything for her, but I know that I have a calling in this lifetime and unfinished work.
My "DREAMS" are rattling around in my mind and my soul knows what has to be done. Like I said on Facebook the other day; "You have the power to change your life, you first must change how you think and feel about it and then you must trust the divine will." It's the intention we bring to our situation that can change our reality.  We Mommy's and even Daddy's mustn't give up on our dreams especially if you start to feel a void in your soul. You cannot ignore what the Universe is trying to tell you. Pay attention to the signs and they will lead you to the way. If you are scared or nervous to start again, just remember that fear kills all and nothing thrives in fear, nothing.I am inspired to do a video blog on this topic as so many women (and men) tend to lose their identity while being a parent. I will continue on this topic via YouTube.com/vispa317

No comments:

Post a Comment